I’m Helen and Welsh Mum Writing is written for mothers like me – a busy mum to a toddler juggling a day job, family and more. If you’re a mum trying to have it all then this is the place for you. I share my experiences and the lessons I am learning so you can achieve a better work-life balance too. Check out my about me page to find out more about why I started Welsh Mum Writing and how to join my amazing community of working mums.
Use the menu to work your way through different aspects of my world where I share some of the lessons I’ve learned along the way, both professionally and as a parent. I’ve even carved out a little part of the site just for mums in Wales.
Mum Life: From pregnancy to parenting, sleep deprivation to potty training.
Work Life: Getting the balance right, work issues, rights, advice and career development.
Fun Life: All things nice, from pampering to family days out.
Welsh Life: A corner just for mums in Wales, from the childcare offer to local giveaways.
Writing Life: Blogging life, my books and creative writing.
Other Bits: Random musings, moans and topical issues.
If you’re not sure where to start, why not kick off with one of my latest posts:
- Things all women should know before forty
- Childcare offer for Wales: breaking news and barriers facing parents
- Teaching our toddler to swim : classes, tips and taking our time
- A poem for Zanzibar : the nightclub where I spent my Newport nineties youth
- Are you a working mum based in Wales?
- Teaching children internet safety: the Penguinpig play is on tour
- Carers Week 2018
- BNF Healthy Eating Week: feeding your toddler
- Tips for potty training boys
- Childcare offer for Wales: information for parents
Join my team and claim your welcome gift – a”Get Organised” starter bundle . It’s packed full of planners and tools to help you get more organised and in control of your week.