I haven’t been blogging in the world of family and personal life for long, so I was extremely flattered to be nominated for the Leibster Award by Baby and the Boardroom . It’s a fantastic opportunity to share a blog that you like and ask the blogger to share a little about themselves. Once you’ve answered your questions you nominate 11 blogs yourself and set those 11 new questions – and it goes on.
So here are the questions that Lou at Baby and the Boardroom asked me. It’s taken me a few days as they’re head scratchers.
- If you could re-live just one day of your life, which day would you choose and why?
The birth of my son. Nothing could prepare me for that experience and the sheer joy it brought me. The next few days in hospital were a different experience but I will never forget that day. Small Boy has changed my life.
- Who would you share your last Rolo with?
My husband. He is usually the one who buys me chocolate, cakes and treats so it’s only fair.
- What is your biggest ambition in life?
To be able to retire from the day job when I’m sixty. That probably doesn’t sound that ambitious but with us all living longer and the cost of living, I think it will be quite an achievement! I want to substantially reduce my hours before then though and develop my writing and blogging business.
- What is your biggest fear in life?
Losing my child – in any capacity.
- What’s been your favourite holiday to date?
Tough one this. My favourite destination overall has to be Las Vegas. I first went with my mother in 2001 and it was amazing – like nothing else I’ve experienced. I’ve been three times since then. That said, I’m not very flash and it would be tough to choose between that and my honeymoon. We went to Cornwall for five days and it was wonderful.
- If you could only save one outfit from your wardrobe what would it be?
There’s a grey long line sweatshirt from Next that I like to wear a lot at the moment. I usually team it with leggings and a scarf or pashmina. It’s very comfortable and soft – perfect for rolling about in soft play or cuddling in the chair with Small Boy.
- If Bear Grylls kidnapped you, dropped you on a desert island and offered you a plus one, who would you want with you? (Celebrities included – knock yourselves out with the choice!)
Tom Hardy because he has proven ability at reading a bedtime story and looks built for hard manual labour.
- Which word do you use the most in a day?
Look. As in “look there’s Iggle Piggle” or “look there’s your Babbit” or “look at Mummy doing a silly dance, please stop crying.”
- If you won the lottery (silly mega bucks type win, not £2.30 for two numbers) what would genuinely be your first purchase?
A house, or even better a plot of land. We’ve been trying to move all year and lost two buyers and one house. We are now three months into conveyancing on a house and we have several deal breaker issues so who know what’s going to happen with that.
- What does ‘a happy life’ look like to you?
Quality time with Small Boy and my husband, not having to think about income or going to work so we can be present and live in the moment. I’d like to be able to take him travelling and have a sense of freedom
- What is your one biggest regret?
I don’t really have of my any of my own as even the smallest change of course might mean I don’t have Small Boy. That said, I do wish that I had the opportunity to meet my husband’s father as he sadly passed away before we met. I get the impression we would have got on like a house on fire and he would have loved Small Boy.
So that’s about me. Thanks again to Lou at Baby and the Boardroom.
Now for my 11 nominations.
Live Happy Hygge
Diary of an Imperfect Mum
Welsh Mum of One
Single Mum Speaks
Mummy in a Tutu
Queer Little Family
Please don’t feel obliged to join in, but it would be great if you did. Once you’ve answered my NEW 11 questions, nominate eleven bloggers and come up with 11 questions of your own to ask them!
So here’s my insightful Parkinson style questions….
- Why did you start your blog?
- What song best sums up you and your life?
- Sweet or savoury? What’s your favourite dish?
- Best Christmas present you’ve been given?
- If you had to be trapped in a lift with anyone, who would it be?
- When was the last time you cried and why?
- What’s the best parenting advice you received?
- What’s been the most unhelpful?
- If you could share on piece of blogging advice, what would it be?
- If you had £100 to spend just on yourself, what would you buy/do?
- What’s the best thing to bribe you with?
I can’t wait to see the answers.