There’s a few blogging awards, challenges and Q&A going around at the moment and I’m delighted to be nominated for another. Thanks Lil Jem and Baby E and The Imagine Forest Blog for the nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you to both as I love their blogs!
As Lil Jem nominated me first, I’m going to answer her questions, but I’m going to pay it forward with the Imagine Forest and use her questions for my nominees.
- What do you consider to be your biggest strength?
I’m great in a crisis or when things get really busy. I can prioritise things and make decisions quickly which means I can juggle a lot and deal with a lot of pressure.
- If you could pick up and master any skill in just one day, what skill would it be? (Playing an instrument, speaking a language? Etc.)
Speaking Welsh. I didn’t have to learn it in school and my family aren’t welsh speakers but it’s a gift I’d love to give my son and I’d love it too.
- What is the best place you have visited as a tourist and why?
This is tough as I’ve been to many interesting spots over the years. The most interesting would have been going to Egypt and visiting the Valley of the Kings, but the one I enjoyed most was Copenhagen. It’s packed full of great art and historic interest, the people are wonderful, and I love Danish TV so I could spot places from my favourite Nordic Noir shows.
- What are your three favourite films?
Godfather Part 2, American Werewolf in London, and The Big Chill.
- List 3 fun things you would like to do before you die.
I’d like to go back to Las Vegas again – I’ve been four times but over a decade ago. OMG, I can’t think of any more… I’ve either done it all or I’m very boring.
- If you could go back in time to any point in history, and stay there for 24 hours, just observing, where would you go and why?
I’d like to go to the trial of Anne Boleyn but I don’t think I’d keep quiet. I’d heckle. Either that or I’d go back to the birth of my son.
- What is the most you have ever won or lost in one session of gambling or on a bet?
I’m not a massive gambler and generally break even. I lost £200 on some shares once. That hurt.
- What is your most prized material possession?
At the moment it would be my Roku TV stick as it means we don’t have a smart TV so it means I can watch my favourite streaming channels on the big screen.
- What are your main goals (not blog related) for 2018?
In part it’s to get through it! We’ve had a rough few months so I’d just like some quiet time without any disasters of illness. Finishing decorating some of our house is up there though.
- Who is the most famous person you have met face to face? Briefly describe the encounter.
Barbara Knox who used to play Rita Fairclough in Coronation Street. I worked with her once promoting a new bingo club. We stood side by side in a supermarket singing “We’ll keep a welcome in the Hillside” and asking people to sign up to the new club. It was impromptu and a bit weird.
These are some of my favourite and most visited blogs. There’s many more but rules are rules! No pressure to join in but it would be great if you could … and apologies if you’d done this already and I missed your post x
- Jaki Jellz
- Mrs Mummy Harris
- Mummy in a Tutu
- Reflections from Me
- White Camellias
- Surrey Mama
- Hot Pink Wellingtons
- Dear Bear and Beany
- The Ladybirds Adventures
- My Random Musings
My Questions for them
- What do you love about blogging?
- What do you hate about blogging?
- What is your favourite book to read?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What is the ultimate goal of your blog?
- If you could be a superhero, what power would you have and why?
- What do you do to relax?
- What is your favourite TV series?
- What brings you joy?
- What advice would you give to other bloggers?
The Sunshine Blogger Rules
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in your blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 12 new blogs to receive the award and write them 10 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Supporting these fabulous blogs